You must not attend an appointment at this practice if you have had a positive lateral flow test in the last 10 days
Patients with symptoms of Covid-19 or other potentially infectious diseases – e.g. Cough, cold, sore throat, high fever, snotty nose, diarrhoea, vomiting.
- The GP practice has many vulnerable/immunosuppressed patients visiting. Please do not come into the surgery with these symptoms without an appointment.
- Public Health guidance is to self isolate for a minimum of 5 days with these upper airway symptoms. Guidance also recommends isolating for 48 hours after diarrhoea/vomiting symptoms have settled.
- Please rearrange any prebooked appointments until your symptoms are settling or you are at least 10 days from the onset.
- When requesting an appointment with these symptoms present, please arrange a telephone appointment first. A face to face appointment can then be arranged if required.
Patients with a positive Covid-19 PCR or Lateral Flow Test
- Please do not visit the practice or come for a face to face appointment until you are at least 10 days post test and your symptoms are settling.
- Any need for GP advice should be done by phone initially in the first 10 days following a positive test.
- To protect our staff and our vulnerable patients we would like you to continue wearing face masks throughout a visit to the practice for an appointment.
- This advice will be reviewed when circulating infectious diseases diminish sufficiently.
We thank you for adhering to the following principles for ALL infectious diseases including Covid-19
Isolation during the acute phase
Welcome to the Bellingham Surgery Website
We are one of the most rural practices in England covering 800 square miles from the Scottish borders north of Byrness and Kielder to Kirkwhelpington and Barrasford to the south. We have over 3300 patients, many living in remote farming locations across the practice.
The surgery in Bellingham was purpose-built in 1984, we then had extension to this that was completed at the end of 2010.
Through our website you can order your repeat prescriptions online, cancel existing appointments, send us feedback through the patient survey, keep your health record up to date and keep up to date with any latest news from the practice. Please let us know what you think by sending comments through our contact page. If you have any suggestions about how the website can be improved or any information you would like to have available then please let us know.
Our practice brochure is available electronically, all the information in the brochure is also available on this website, but you may want to print the brochure off to refer to later, clicking on the link will give you access to our brochure - Practice Brochure 2022
Contact information whilst on holiday
GP surgeries do not have the facilities to diagnose or treat this infection so please stay at home (self isolate) and follow the latest government advice what to do covid 19
In response to the pandemic we have changed the way we work to keep us all safe - How to contact your GP
Cases in the North East of England continue to rise rapidly and there have been a number of cases in the practice area.
It is important that we to do all we can to protect vulnerable patients and the staff team so that we can continue to provide our services to the practice population
It is important that anyone who thinks they need any kind of medical care contacts us to get help
We will continue to operate telephone triage of appointment requests and encourage patients to use eConsult if they are able to. Face to face appointments will be arranged when there is a clinical need for patients to come to the surgery.
In order to keep everyone safe :
Please do not attend an appointment at this practice if you have had a positive lateral flow test in the last 10 days.
Please continue to wear a face mask when you attend your appointment – we can provide a face mask (or a visor) if you forget to bring one with you
Please continue to use the intercom at the front door (we get lots of tourists nipping in to use our toilet facilities which is why we keep the door closed)
We will continue with social distancing and infection control procedures which permit a maximum of 3 patients in the waiting room. We will prioritise people who have walked to the surgery.
If you have arrived by car we will continue to ask you to wait in your car
These measures have worked well over recent months
New evening and weekend GP service based at Corbridge Health Service
Patients who need to see a GP in the evening or weekend can pre-book appointments directly with us at the Corbridge Health Centre - New evening and weekend GP service
Telephone number - cancellations and directions only 01434 636950
Sunday GP service at the Cramlington HUB
Appointments can be booked through us during surgery hours, or by calling 01670 337737 between 12 - 4pm on the previous Saturdays and 9am - 12.30pm on Sunday.
All patients at the practice have a nominated GP, we have written to you about this. If you prefer to see a different doctor we are quite happy for you to request this when you make an appointment. If you are not sure who your nominated GP is please ask at reception when you are next in the practice.
National Survey results
The results of the National GP Patient Survey are now available. If you would like to see the report then please go to the website.
Patient Information - symptom checker
So that you can better understand any condition you may have then why not have a look at some patient information that is available via the internet.
(Site updated 08/08/2022)